Thursday, August 1, 2013

Me and My Kite with Tony Durant of Fuchsia “The Band” b/w “Isis’ Adventure”


(Fruits de Mer) I am not too familiar with Fuchsia, but I am familiar with the exhilirating, surreal thrill of getting to work with your heroes, so I can truly appreciate the magical energy of this record. Contemporary band Me and My Kites was inspired by British prog/proto phreak pholks Fuchsia, and their sole 1970 album. Upon learning that lead Fuchsster Durant was working on Fuchsia II last year they reached out, and the result is a collaboration, a reimagining of a F-tune with Tony singing over the Kite krew. It’s a lively, lush sincere piece of pop, with tremendous harmonies, joyful bounce, and a youthful voice that couldn’t have been recording over 40 years ago! This is special.

No comments:

Post a Comment